Are you aware that snoring is among the primary causes of sleep apnea? Are you also aware that sleep apnea is a life threatening condition? Snoring is a common condition that has affected most us even if we care to admit it or not. Even if its normal to snore, when it starts to happen more frequently it becomes health risks as well as it affects the length and state of sleeping and those who you share a bed or room with. Actually, if the condition is left unaddressed for a long period of time, it can lead to irritability, daytime exhaustion, severe sleep deprivation, brain oxygen deprivation and other health risks. At the same time, snoring may have a huge effect on relationships in different ways but there are several anti-snoring devices and snoring remedies available that can help
Basically, snoring is the sound that is generated when the respiratory structures and others vibrate due to the obstruction of air when you are sleeping.
What are the causes?
In general snoring is caused by the vibrations at the back of the throat due to the effect of trying to breathe the obstructed airways. There are so many reasons that can lead for the airways to be obstructed. Presently, around forty five percent of the adults both male and female do snore and there is a even higher percentage of children snoring. Hence, the following are some of the common causes of snoring;
- Airways structure-how your airways are structured plays a role in snoring. Men in particular have a narrower airways than women hence they are more prone to snoring
- Age-the more you grow older, the more wear the throat experiences. Hence the throat becomes narrower as you grow old and the lose strength meaning older people are prone to snoring
- Obesity or being overweight-when you have too much fats on your body and weak muscles will contribute heavily to your snoring
- Taking alcohol, smoking and drug abuse –cigarettes, alcohol and certain medications lead to some of the throat muscles to relax than usual resulting to snoring. See more
- Sleeping posture-when sleeping flat while facing up, the throat muscles tend to relax therefore obstructing the airways leading to snoring
- Nasal congestion-a blocked nasal passage is the major cause of snoring. When the airways are always obstructed and congested, you will struggle breathing due to mucus buildup hence resulting to snoring
Whether you are the type of a person who prefers modern anti-snoring devices or prefers to engage some old snoring remedies, there are many and different snoring aids to help. Both scientific approaches and home remedies are effectual in reducing and eventually eliminating snoring. Home snoring remedies involve practical steps that be used to relieve snoring and if the snoring manages to be severe, scientific methods. Sleeping on your side is one practical remedy while managing your weight is another important factor. Raising the head of your bed up by four to six inches is another home remedy. At the same time, there are prescribed medications and anti-snoring devices that can be used to reduce and eliminate snoring completely. See more this site: http://www.thesurreycentreforeatingdisorders.com/get-know-snoring-remedies/